Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter!

Watched Harry Potter today with the great Stephanie. Mark my words, Harry Potter movie haters, I really believe that part I was a pretty decent film adaptation. As Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a big chunky book with lots of amazing detail, it must have been really difficult to capture the same spirit in movie form. Like the book, the movie was full of action when it called for it and built tension for the next installment.

However, I do have some problems with some parts that the film left out (spoiler alert):

1. Lily's letter! Remember how Harry finds a letter his mother wrote to Sirius in Sirius's old bedroom? I think that is a very crucial part in the ending of the film, and I can't believe they left that out!

2. Kreacher! He's supposed to start treating Harry and the gang very, very well. Also, we should have listened to his story about how he switched the locket. It was supposed to be a great, epic story of fidelity. I wish they'd played that up some more.

Great movie, in any case: they've done a good job of choosing how to re-tell the story for movie-goers and those who haven't read the book. There's drama, intense emotions, and the occasional humorous one-liner.

I can't wait for the next installment.

After recent happenings in my life, I am going to be reconstructing this blog, my online portfolio, and such. I may just make my domain name exclusively hold my blog; yeah, that'll be good.

No comments: